Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Flu Shot Gone Wrong: An Inside Look Through a Mother's Eyes


                                             Mover of Mountains
                                               Helen Steiner Rice

                 Faith is a force that is greater than knowledge or skill,
                 And the darkest defeat turns to triumph if you trust in
                 God's wisdom and will,
                 For faith is a mover of mountains --- there's nothing
                 man cannot achieve
                 If he has the courage to try it
                And then has the faith to believe.



      I have always loved this poem by Helen Steiner Rice. It beautifully sums up the way we must handle unexpected adversities that come our way. It is very hard to not be petrified when you are facing the hardest times of your life. At times, the walls can feel as if they are closing in around you and the weight of the world has been unfairly placed upon your shoulders. So what are we to do? How can we make sure consternation won't overtake us? The answer to these questions lie in igniting our Faith. I know these feelings all too well and it took me a long time to figure out how to turn my darkest hours into triumphant lessons, insights, and an impenetrable relationship with God.
     I was only twenty six years old when our world changed forever. My angel, Maurice, had just started kindergarten. My baby girl, Mariah, was fourteen days old and my toddler, Malik, had just turned two. Still recovering from giving birth a couple of weeks earlier and also in the midst of my own soul-searching...I drove my sweet boy to get a Flu Shot. I always dreaded getting my children any vaccines...just the stories you hear sometimes were enough to make any mom cringe...but never could I have imagined what was about to take place! Looking back, I now know that each journey, no matter how onerous it might be, is filled with many lessons and miracles along the way. Lessons we would have never been taught if it wasn't for that life-altering situation that caught us completely off guard, trying to make sure we would never find the strength to get back up again! I would like to share with you the Preface in my soon to be released, 'Flu Shot Gone Wrong' book, where I give an unvarnished account of how my vibrant son's life was transformed perpetually after receiving this vaccine. This story is not only about remaining steadfast in the face of tragedy; but also truly encompasses the true meaning of love, faith, and the ultimate will to survive!

                                                         PREFACE

      I have learned that life is never predictable and can throw many curve balls at you along the way. It is also beautiful and mysterious, filled with great treasures and unforgettable memories. The secret to getting through the arduous times, I think, is learning how to deal with them. We have all gone through adversity and had to be unyielding to overcome our own tribulations. During certain periods of our life, especially the profoundest moments, it can feel as if we are somehow being tested. In my son's story you are about to read, I have felt this way many times. It was as if God was watching to see how I would handle what was going on.
       Do I really have what it takes to keep getting back up? This question would constantly linger in the back of my mind. The answer was yes. Even though life knocked me down to my knees, God had equipped me with the power to get back up. I just didn't know it yet.
       Having experienced firsthand the way a tragedy can happen in the blink of an eye, I know what it's like to see your whole world shattered and have to find a way for the pieces to fit again. The old saying "God never gives you more than you can handle" would ring in my ears as I found myself crying, curled up in a ball. Through the darkest hours, I came to see God's strength and peace at work.
      I have learned that even the greatest tragedy can bring about hope, strength, and inspiration. I can honestly say, if not for my faith and strong relationship with God, I never would have been able to make it through the most strenuous time of my life.
      It has now been nine years since tragedy struck our family, namely my son Maurice. There were days I didn't even want to get out of bed and days I wished I were someone else. With God as my refuge though, I made it through and learned many valuable lessons along the way!
      I am writing this book in hopes other people might benefit from our experience. If Maurice's story keeps even one person from going through the pain he has endured, then my mission is complete. I pray this book inspires you to never give up and always cherish each day to the fullest.

                                                                                         Love and peace,
                                                                                           Michelle Mouille


Thank you for taking the time to read a little behind my 'Flu Shot Gone Wrong' story. I will also post a sample copy of the first chapter of the book, within a couple of days. Please visit www.flushotgonewrong.com and 'Like' the new Flu Shot Gone Wrong Facebook page to be eligible to win a Kindle Fire and copy of the soon to be released book! https://m.facebook.com/flushotgonewrong

No comments:

Post a Comment